Lemon Basil Quinoa Bowl Recipe


Hi, friends! I'm stopping by today to share a favorite recipe of mine that I like to make on busy evenings when dinner's the last thing I have time to make. Say hello to my dear old friend, the quinoa bowl!


Quinoa bowls are so versatile & taste even better the next day. I like to double my recipe so I can bring a delicious green salad & side of leftover quinoa to lunch!


Instead of mixing up my own homemade dressing, I like to save time & simply use Bolthouse Farm's organic dressings. There are no preservatives & it's low in calories. Plus, it's convenient & tastes amazing, y'all! I love the Three Herb & Lemon Basil atop my quinoa bowls as a fresh & flavorful addition. 


Add as many chopped vegetables as you can & you have the makings of a yummy & light dinner the whole family will enjoy. Find my go-to recipe below...


Lemon Basil Quinoa Bowl

Serving Size: 1 cup

1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Lemon Basil Dressing
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved

Combine quinoa & vegetable broth in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes until the broth is absorbed & the quinoa is tender. Remove from heat & allow to cool. Once cool, place the quinoa in a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients & stir until well combined. Add salt to taste & enjoy!

What are your favorite ingredients paired with quinoa? Let me know if you try this recipe!

love,
natalie

1 comment:

Angela Spencer said...

This sounds delicious! My favorite quinoa dish is a twist on caprese salad. I make quinoa and then, once cooled, toss with grape/cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, basil (fresh when possible), and EVOO. It's super good! I'll have to try your recipe here. I love Kalamata olives, and this dressing sounds divine!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips